Policy and Procedure Register
The Policy and Procedure Register provides staff and the broader community with access to all Department of Education, Training and Employment procedures and an index to departmental policies in the Policy Instruments Framework.
The register demonstrates transparency and accountability to promote understanding of how we operate, and supports the principles of the Right to Information Act.
What are policies?
Policies outline what the government or department intends to do, through stated plans of action.
What are procedures?
Procedures are government policy in action and they:
promote understanding of how the department operates
provide step-by-step processes to follow
present ways to meet mandatory legal obligations
explain staff duties and responsibilities
focus on how to achieve a constructive outcome or result.
To locate a procedure in the register, click on the relevant category on the orange toolbar above, or use the search box located at the top right of the screen.
Upcoming Procedure List
The Upcoming Procedure List contains procedures for information purposes only to enable affected stakeholders to plan and prepare for implementation. These new or substantially reviewed procedures are scheduled for implementation in the coming months. The implementation date is clearly identified for each procedure on this list.
In the interim, it is important for staff and stakeholders to continue to refer to the current version published on the Policy and Procedure Register.
- A search function is available at the top right of this website.
- Relevant contact details are provided in each procedure.
- The Policy and Procedure Register team can answer any queries about using the register.
- Departmental staff please use the 'Sign In' button at the top right to access the Help Resource Centre.
- Guides and tools are available for Policy and Procedure Register officers and procedure authors or owners in the Help Resource Centre.