Policy Instruments include legislation, policies, standards, procedures, authorities and delegations, guidelines and supporting documentation. The Quick Guide to Definitions for Policy Instruments Framework provides an overview of each policy instrument type.
To locate a procedure in the register, click on the relevant category on the orange toolbar above, or use the search box located at the top right of the screen.
Interim arrangements as we transition to a redeveloped register
A project has been initiated to improve the register's user friendliness and functionality.
The redesigned register will provide a contemporary approach to store, search, navigate and access departmental policies and procedures.
In the interim, new policies and procedures are being developed with a revised content structure.
The Policy Instrument Updates list provides information on recent changes to policy instruments. This includes upcoming procedures, decommissioned policy instruments, new policy instruments and significantly reviewed procedures.
- A search function is available at the top right of this website.
- The first point of contact for questions regarding a procedure is listed under the ‘contact’ heading in the relevant procedure, located in the right of the procedure.
- The Policy and Procedure Register team can answer general queries about using the register.
- Departmental staff can use the 'Sign In' button at the top right to access the Help Resource Centre.
- Guides and tools are available for Policy and Procedure Register officers and procedure authors or owners in the Help Resource Centre.