The Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) will compensate all state schools, staff, students and members of these school communities for educational resources lost through an incident, in accordance with the specified loss cover of the Resource Replacement Scheme (RRS).
The scheme complements a range of departmental risk management programs which aim to rectify the damage or loss caused by an incident which is beyond the control of the school or DETE site.
The scheme is designed to allow schools to continue operations with minimal disruption.
Key aspects of the scheme include:
- cover for specified losses from break and enter (via forced entry), fire, vandalism and natural disasters such as flood or cyclone
- cover provided on the basis that the risk of losses is effectively managed at the site
- compensation is generally on a ’new for old’ basis
- an excess is applicable to all departmental locations
- an age limit is applicable to resources lost
- flexibility in utilising compensation payments
- catastrophe cover for non-school locations
- allowance for development of departmental loss statistics to inform the School Security Program.
For further details, please refer to specified cover.
The management of claims which qualify under the Queensland Government Insurance Fund (QGIF) are also included in this procedure.